We are committed to providing you with the best possible care. Our qualified staff are here to help and support you through your wellness journey. Following our office procedures help to ensure a more seamless process for us to better address your concerns.
Please only leave cancellation messages on our machine. DO NOT request urgent appointments here, but call and speak to a staff member. Our answering machine and emails are not monitored regularly and are not checked on weekends and holidays. Do not send cancellations by email.
We are part of a larger call group. When urgent medical problems arise outside of office hours, we request that you use our after hours service offered by our clinic and our partner clinics.
The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) covers most aspects of your care; however some services are not covered by OHIP and require separate payment.
For your convenience, we have set up an ANNUAL FEE which will cover many of these services including prescription renewals, sick notes, and physiotherapy/massage/chiropractic notes.
When your physician prescribes a medication for a certain duration, there is usually a need for a reassessment before it is renewed. If your pharmacy calls for a renewal, there will be a charge of $25.00 per prescription to be paid in advance (unless on our Annual Plan). This fee covers the review of your relevant medical information to ensure that your medication is still appropriate and indicated for you.
The staff are not permitted to give lab results over the phone.
If you renew your Ontario Health Card, please call the office with your updated version code and expiry date.
Your Ontario Health Card must be present at each office visit. If your card is not valid, you may be charged for your visit.
If your name, address, phone number or email change, please keep us informed so that we may contact you when necessary.
1) Sending in requested information prior to an appointment that is already booked (such as blood pressure/weight or pictures of a rash)
2) Responding to emails from the office to complete questionnaires that are sent to you 3) Sending in forms to be completed after booking an appointment
4) Responding to an email with information requested by your health care provider.
EMAIL IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR A VISIT WITH YOUR PROVIDER AND NOT MEANT FOR URGENT ISSUES, as there is a delay in staff processing the emails. Should inappropriate emails be received and continue after a warning, email privileges may be discontinued.
► As a substitute for an appointment with your health care provider.
► Requesting a diagnosis based on a written description of symptoms.
► Any frivolous, commercial, or unapproved purpose.
► In emergencies or when information is needed urgently.
► Requesting medical advice or information for anyone other than yourself.
► Sending website links for the physician to comment on (unless requested by the physician)
► Any issue outside the context of the patient-physician relationship.
We will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of information sent and received using email. However, because of the risks outlined below, we cannot guarantee the security and confidentiality of electronic communications:
• Use of electronic communications to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties.
• Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure the information.
• Employers and online services may have a legal right to inspect and keep electronic communications that pass through their system, within and outside of Canada.
• Electronic communications can introduce malware into a computer system, and potentially damage or disrupt the computer, networks, and security settings.
• Electronic communications can be forwarded, intercepted, circulated, stored, or even changed without the knowledge or permission of the Physician or the patient.
• Due to the sensitivity of the information, we recommend that you do not use a shared email.